It is our pleasure to invite you to participate in the SOHOMA’18 International Workshop on Service Orientation in Holonic and Multi-Agent Manufacturing, organized by Universita degli Studi di Bergamo and Politecnico di Milano in collaboration with University Politehnica of Bucharest (the CIMR Research Centre in Computer Integrated Manufacturing and Robotics), University of Valenciennes and Hainaut-Cambrésis (the LAMIH Laboratory of Industrial and Human Automation Control, Mechanical Engineering and Computer Science) and University of Lorraine (the CRAN Research Centre in Automation of Nancy). The SOHOMA’18 workshop has scientific support from the IEEE-IES Technical Committee on Industrial Agents and from the GdR MACS-IMS2 Research Group on Intelligent Manufacturing Systems and Services.
The main objective of SOHOMA Workshops is to foster innovation in smart and sustainable manufacturing and logistics systems and in this context to promote concepts, methods and solutions for the digital transformation of manufacturing through service orientation and agent-based control with distributed intelligence.
The theme of the SOHOMA’18 Workshop is “Digital transformation of manufacturing with agent-based control and service orientation of Internet-scale platforms”.
- Customer-oriented logistics
- Modelling of discrete event dynamic systems in manufacturing
- Multi-Agent Systems in industry
- Control with distributed intelligence
- Holonic Manufacturing Execution Systems
- Product intelligence: concepts, architectures, implementation, use cases
- Industrial Internet of Things / Physical Internet
- Swarm intelligence in manufacturing
- Industrial Internet and digital manufacturing
- Dynamic and green infrastructure for sustainable manufacturing
- Predictive resource maintenance and risk management
- Mixed production planning and scheduling
- Virtual factory, supply chains and logistics
- Manufacturing Integration Framework
- Intelligent Manufacturing Systems
- Cloud Manufacturing and resource virtualization
- Computing and Service Oriented manufacturing
- Servitization and Product-Service Systems
- Multi-robot systems in manufacturing, control and applications
- Bio-inspired theories for smart manufacturing and evolutionary robotics
- Big Data and the contextual enterprise
- Cyber-Physical Manufacturing Systems and Industry 4.0
- Performance evaluation of industrial emerging behaviour
- Holonic hybrid supervised control of industrial processes
Paper submission and publication
Original papers must be submitted via the “Submission” menu of the SOHOMA’18 website, for any of the above topics or for the Special Sessions defined for the workshop. The material submitted for presentation at the workshop must be original, not published or being considered elsewhere. The working language is English. Papers are limited to 12 pages edited in the format of the Springer book series “Studies in Computational Intelligence”, according to the instructions for authors available at http://www.springer.com/series/7092.
All papers accepted for presentation will be included in an electronic Preprints volume and distributed to the participants at the conference time. All papers duly presented at the Workshop will be included in the SOHOMA18 post conference Proceedings, ISI and DBLP Computer Science database indexed, published in the Springer series “Studies in Computational Intelligence”. Selected, extended papers will be proposed for publication in a special issue of a journal representative for the workshop’s theme.
- Proposals of Special Sessions: February 23, 2018
- Full paper submission:
March 12, 2018 March 19, 2018April 5, 2018 (final deadline)
- Notification of acceptance: April 26, 2018
- Final, camera-ready paper submission: May 7, 2018
- Early registration and fee payment: May 7, 2018
Call for papers poster
- You can also download the call for papers poster from here.